We are pleased that you are considering our church for your wedding. If you do decide to share your special day with us, we will do everything possible to make it a joyful experience!
Download our Wedding Guide here!
Your wedding is confirmed when we have received:
- Your initial deposit
- Completed Wedding Request Form (both sides)
It is very important to arrange a meeting with the officiating pastor. This should be done upon receipt of your letter confirming your wedding date. You will meet with the pastor in order to better know one another and to begin planning for your wedding. A pastor of Woodfords officiates at all weddings at Woodfords Church. If you would like your minister to assist in your wedding, you will need to speak to the Woodfords pastor about this at the beginning of the planning process. The guest minister is expected to be present at the rehearsal. All fees remain the same. TOP
The Office Manager is your point of contact with Woodfords. She handles details such as booking your wedding, assisting the Pastor at your rehearsal, and helping you plan your wedding. She will also produce your wedding program, if you so choose. The Sexton/Custodian provides custodial help the day of your wedding. TOP
Weddings at Woodfords Church are sacred services. The Music Director will work with you to make sure the best choices are made for your very special day.
We ask you to contact the Music Director at the earliest possible date after receiving your confirmation, but certainly no later than one month before your wedding. At that time you can discuss with the Music Director your music requirements.
If you would like a vocal or instrumental soloist to perform at your wedding, the Music Director will be happy to recommend some of the many fine professional musicians in the Portland area. If you already have a soloist you would like to perform, please discuss this with the Music Director as he will need to consent to your choice of music. Please note that only songs with sacred lyrics may be sung during the service itself.
The Music Director’s basic fee covers one consultation and your wedding. If he is to accompany soloists, extra fees will be charged. Please discuss this with the Music Director.
If the musical selection is not in the Music Director’s wedding music library, you will be asked to provide the sheet music for that selection. All soloists are responsible for providing accompanists’ copies of their selection.
The use of pre-recorded music is not recommended. However, if you do choose to use pre-recorded music, you will need to provide your own playback equipment.
If you wish to engage a keyboard musician other than the Music Director, please note that unless the Music Director is unavailable, his full fee must be paid. It is your responsibility to negotiate fees directly with any additional musicians. TOP
The Sanctuary, Chapel, Memorial Garden, and Memorial Hall are all spaces available for your wedding. In addition, Memorial Hall with kitchen preparation and serving is available for receptions and rehearsal dinners.
Your wedding fee includes your rehearsal and the use of your selected wedding space for 2.5 hours: one hour prior to your wedding, your wedding itself (approximately 30 minutes in length) and one hour after your wedding.
We also make available to the Bride and her entourage our Parlor as a comfortable waiting or changing area prior to your wedding.
|Approximate number of
seats in specified areas:
|Memorial Hall:||150 (seated)|
|With Gym:||300 (seated)|
We understand that photographs are an important remembrance of your wedding, but your wedding ceremony is a worship service and should be the central focus of the day.
The Church Sanctuary and Chapel are available for one hour prior to or after the wedding for photography.
- We do allow flash photography before the processional and after the Blessing.
- Please do not take flash photos during the actual wedding ceremony.
- Available light photos may be taken from the narthex or balcony if this is done discreetly and does not disrupt the wedding service.
- Our minister will work with your videographer to ensure they are correctly positioned for your wedding ceremony.
Because your wedding ceremony is a worship service, we encourage the use of simple decorations. Much care must be taken to protect all church property.
- Please use only ribbons to tie decorations to the pews.
- Please use ONLY removable adhesive putty (such as Blue Tak) if you wish to attach decorations to the walls, woodwork, furniture or floors.
- We will provide candles for the candelabra or pew end candles if used.
- Please remove all decorations immediately after your wedding.
- Please do not drop flower petals, either live or silk, bird seed, or any other material in the church or immediately outside.
- Please do not remove seasonal decorations.
- Please do not use aisle runner.
- Administrative-Sexton fees are included in Non-Member fees and are required and listed as a separate fee for Members.
- We have ample off-street parking for your family and your guests.
- We are handicap accessible through our elevator entrance at the back of building or via the Beacon Street ramp.
- Directions to the Church may be found here.
- Please remember that no food or beverages are permitted in the Sanctuary or Chapel.
- No tobacco products or alcohol are permitted on church property.
- No rice, bird seed, or any other natural or imitation material may be thrown on church property.
|Non-Refundable Booking Fee1||$100.00|
|Use of Church for active members2||Free of charge|
|Administrative-Sexton Fee for active members||$150.00|
|Use of Sanctuary for non members3||$550.00|
|Use of Chapel for non members3||$450.00|
|Other Fees Which May Apply|
|Organist Accompanist Fee||$25.00 per soloist|
|Pew End Candles||$75.00|
The balance of all fees is due in to the church office two weeks prior to the rehearsal date. Your acceptance letter will advise you of all fees and their due date.
1 The Non-Refundable Booking Fee is retained by the church for reserving the date of your wedding. This fee is in addition to the fee for your wedding. Your wedding is not considered a firm booking until we have received and accepted your Non-Refundable Booking Fee. You will be advised of acceptance of your wedding booking by letter from the Office Manager.
2 For purposes of weddings, Active Members are defined as persons who have financially supported the church for at least two years prior to the booking of their wedding.
3 The fee includes the Administrative-Sexton Fee. TOP
Woodfords Congregational Church
United Church of Christ
202 Woodford Street
Portland, Maine 04103
©2012 Woodfords Congregational Church